Looking for a good laugh? Look no further! We’ve compiled over 200 hilarious Gru puns that are sure to tickle your funny bone. From cheesy one-liners to clever wordplay, these puns will leave you laughing out loud. Whether you’re a fan of the Despicable Me movies or just love a good pun, these Gru puns are perfect for any occasion. So sit back, relax, and prepare to be entertained as we dive into the world of Gru and his wacky puns. Get ready to unleash your inner minion with these side-splitting jokes!
Gru-ssential Puns (Editors Pick)
1. Why did Gru become a villain? Because he didn’t banana-stand the sight of injustice!
2. Did you hear about Gru’s gardening technique? He always plants minion-tulips!
3. How did Gru find the perfect evil sidekick? He went on a mis-doer dating app!
4. What does Gru say when you ask him to do improv comedy? “I’m not really a Gru-per!”
5. Why did Gru open a bakery? He wanted to make despio-rolls!
6. How does Gru like his minions served? In a side dish of mischief and mayhem!
7. What’s Gru’s favorite type of music? Villain-folk!
8. How does Gru style his hair? With despio-gel!
9. What do you call it when Gru successfully steals the world’s largest cheese? A grate criminal heist!
10. What did Gru say to the avocado? You’re the ripe age to join the dark side!
11. Why did Gru start a recycling program? He wanted to make the world a mis-doer place!
12. What do you get when you combine a Gru and a vampire? A despicable Dracula!
13. How do minions greet each other? “Bello!”
14. What’s Gru’s favorite instrument? The Despicable-bone!
15. What’s Gru’s favorite workout? Villain-tennis!
16. Why did Gru become a chef? He wanted to create world-class despicable-roasts!
17. What do you call it when Gru has a brilliant idea? A brilliant Gru-speration!
18. How do you win a game against Gru? Mischief Managed!
19. What do you call Gru’s autobiography? “From Minion to Mastermind: The Gru-tful Journey”
20. How does Gru organize his evil plans? With despi-filing cabinets!
Gru You Gonna Call? (One-liner Puns)
1. Did you hear about the evil super-villain who tried to freeze the city? He was just feeling a little fru-gru-strated!
2. I love watching YouTube videos about dancing minions, they always make me gru-ve!
3. Why did the banana go to therapy? Because it was a little gru-ppy!
4. I tried to gurgle the word “gru” underwater, but it just came out blurry.
5. I’ve been working out at a gym named “Gru’s Physical Fitness” – it’s really good for my min-ion abs!
6. Did you hear about the criminal who tried to steal Gru’s secrets? He immediately got caught by a de-gru-sy!
7. I wanted to join a secret society called “The Gru Club,” but they always kept their meetings under-gro-ground!
8. I asked Gru for the best way to win a dance competition, and he simply said, “Min-ion steps, my friend!
9. Why was Gru always calm and composed? Because he had a great sense of gru-vity!
10. What do you call a minion who tells jokes? A comi-gru-an!
11. Gru always saves his money by shopping at the disc-gru-nt store!
12. I decided to give up on my bakery dreams and become a despicable gru-nner instead.
13. Why did the scientist cross the road backwards? To avoid the gravitational pull of Gru’s secret lab!
14. I had a conversation with Gru about his favorite type of tree, and he said, “Definitely the pine-gru!
15. Why did Gru take up gardening? He wanted to see his plants g-ru!
16. It’s tough to play hide-and-seek with Gru because he always has a de-grew of the situation!
17. It’s always fun to play poker with Gru, he has a de-grew poker face!
18. Gru’s car broke down, so he had to take a de-gru-ta bus to work.
19. I just finished my painting of Gru, and it’s really de-grew-tive!
20. Why did the chicken go to Gru’s lair? To become a sub-grent!
Gru-some Puzzles (Question-and-Answer Puns)
1. Why did the gru go to therapy?
Because it had Control Issues!
2. What’s a gru’s favorite song?
3. Why did the gru become a chef?
It wanted to master its Minion-knives skills!
7. What do you call a group of grus playing a sport?
A despicable league!
8. How do grus like to pay for their groceries?
With despicable credit cards!
10. What’s a gru’s favorite social media platform?
11. What do you call a gru with excellent style?
14. What kind of car does a gru drive?
A despi-car-able one!
15. What did the gru say to his Minions when they were misbehaving?
“That’s not very pound-able!”
16. How do grus choose their furniture?
By looking for des-pickable designs!
17. Why did the gru start a band?
It wanted to create some des-pickable music!
18. What’s a gru’s favorite mode of transportation?
19. How do grus like their coffee?
20. Why did the gru become a magician?
It wanted to learn some des-pickle tricks!
Gru-tally Hilarious: Double Entendre Puns for Gru Puns
1. I used to have a crush on a Minion, but it turned out to be gru-el love.
2. Gru has a license to chill, he always keeps a groovy-licious vibe.
3. The evil villain never skipped leg day, he’s got a firm “Gru-t!
4. Gru’s favorite way to relax after a long day is by enjoying a “Gru-e” or two.
5. Gru always knows how to make great crepes, he’s a real “Gru-lette” chef.
6. Sometimes Gru gets overly ambitious and ends up being a “Gru-dge” to others.
7. Gru’s ping pong skills are so impressive, they call him the “Gru-nd Slam” champion.
8. Gru may be an evil genius, but he’s also fluent in the language of “Gru-ttitude.
9. Gru’s jokes may be a bit dark, but you can’t deny he has a “Gru-some” sense of humor.
10. Gru is a master of disguise, he loves to play “Hide and Gru-seek.”
11. Gru always has the freshest produce, he’s got a “Gru-tiful” garden.
12. Gru’s secret to success? He always follows the “Gru-vy” path.
13. Gru’s dance moves are on fire, he’s got some serious “Gru-ves!
14. Gru’s favorite pastime is brewing his own beer, he’s a “Gru-sty” brewer.
15. Gru’s muscles are a real “Gru-selanche” of power.
16. Gru always knows how to be a smooth talker, he’s got some serious “Gru-ve.”
17. Gru is such a coffee lover, he can’t resist a hot cup of “Gru-ffee” every morning.
18. Gru always has the upper hand; he’s got a way of playing “Gru-s and downs.
19. Gru’s household chores always come with a twist, he’s the master of “Gru-bles.”
20. Gru knows how to do a mean karaoke solo, his voice hits all the right “Gru-tes.
Grooving with Gru: Pun-tastic Idioms starring the Despicable Me Villain
1. He was gru-sed to admit that he had made a mistake.
2. The chef had a gruel awakening when he burned his famous dish.
3. She was feeling grumpy and said she woke up on the wrong gru-in of the bed.
4. He couldn’t resist a good gruel of laughter at the comedian’s show.
5. The mechanic had a grueling time fixing the car’s engine.
6. The detective had a gru-el plan to solve the case.
7. He was in a gruel mood after losing his wallet.
8. The teacher was gru-ted with a class full of unruly students.
9. She was gru-gle-y searching for her lost phone.
10. The athlete had a gru-ling training session before the big game.
11. The businessman was gru-ping about his failed investments.
12. They had a gru-esome time trying to solve the puzzle.
13. The actor delivered a gru-evous performance in the play.
14. The mischievous child had a gru-bbled tooth due to eating too many sweets.
15. She was gru-bling about the long line at the grocery store.
16. The hiker had a gru-el hike up the mountain.
17. The baker had a gruel-icious recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
18. The singer’s gru-el-ty voice captivated the audience.
19. He was gru-nched up with work and had no time to relax.
20. The painter had a gru-mpressive talent for creating beautiful landscapes.
Pun-tastic Gru Puns Galore (Pun Juxtaposition)
1. When Gru runs a marathon, it’s always a despicably good race.
2. Gru became a famous painter because he could really “art his way” around town.
3. Gru should join a jewelry store because he’s a master at “minion” diamonds.
4. Gru started a fitness class called “Banana Pilates” to help his minions stay in shape.
5. Gru opened a haunted house attraction called “Despicable Manor.
6. Gru taught his minions to plant trees, but they ended up creating a “villain-landscaping” service.
7. When Gru became a magician, his favorite trick was turning bananas into “bananarchy”.
8. Gru became a hairdresser specializing in “evil genius perms” for his minions.
9. Gru’s minions were always eager to help when he started a “villain-chef” cooking show.
10. Gru joined a comedy club because he knew how to “despicably joke” around.
11. Gru mastered the art of making “bananagrams” and started a word game empire.
12. Gru became a tour guide for his quirky museum of “despicable history.
13. Gru’s favorite pastime was taking his minions to the “villains-only” bowling alley.
14. When Gru opened a fashion boutique, he named it “Despicable Couture.
15. Gru started a gardening business known for creating “despicable topiaries.”
16. Gru launched a perfume line called “Mood of Mischievousness.
17. Gru’s minions became experts in circus tricks, performing acrobatic “villainy displays.
18. Gru decided to pursue a career in music, starting a band called “Gru and the Despicables.”
19. Gru started a photography studio with a specialty in capturing “villainous moments.
20. Gru opened a restaurant offering a menu of “despicably delicious” dishes.
Gru Laughs: Punny Names That Will Make You Groove
1. I Can’t Be-Looken Snacks
3. Gru-ltimate Game
4. Gru-ve City
5. The Minio-nator
6. Agnes Loves Two-Nees [Knees]
7. Despicable Me-o-lon
8. Kevin Bacon [Minion Version]
9. Gru-esome Twosome
10. Scarlet Overkeeler
12. Royal Minions-tea [Royalty]
13. The Great Gru-piter
14. Macho Gru-stle
17. Gru-dawski Brothers [Broski]
19. Despicable Deezer
Gru-ssed Up Tongue Twisters (Spoonerisms)
1. Glue pans
2. Pru guns
3. Gew puns
4. Brue guns
5. Mew runs
6. Rue puns
7. True runs
8. Blue guns
9. Plue guns
10. Due runs
11. Fue guns
12. Brew puns
13. Sue runs
14. Cue guns
15. Vue puns
16. Stew buns
17. Grew puns
18. Shew buns
19. Deux runs
20. Knew puns
“Gru-ving with Gru Puns (Tom Swifties)”
1. “I love the villain Gru,” Tom said, maliciously.
2. “Those gru puns really crack me up,” Tom said, humorously.
3. “I’m always up for a gru pun,” Tom said, eagerly.
4. “That joke was a bit gru-some,” Tom said, gruesomely.
5. “These gru puns really make me feel Gru-vey,” Tom said, musically.
6. “Gru puns are my absolute fa-gru-rite,” Tom said, affirmatively.
7. “I can’t help but grin with these gru puns,” Tom said, grinningly.
8. “This joke is really get-gru-ing on my nerves,” Tom said, irritatingly.
9. “I want to hear more gru puns,” Tom said, greedily.
10. “That’s such a funny gru pun,” Tom said, laughingly.
11. “I think I’m becoming a bit gru-phy with these puns,” Tom said, grumpily.
12. “These gru puns always leave me with a sense of astonish-gru-ent,” Tom said, astonishingly.
13. “That joke was absolutely ma-gru-lous,” Tom said, marvelously.
14. “I’m absolutely ob-session-gru with these puns,” Tom said, obsessively.
15. “That pun was a real show-gri-stopper,” Tom said, dramatically.
16. “I can never get enough of gru puns,” Tom said, insatiably.
17. “I’m feeling pretty ad-ven-gru-ous with these puns,” Tom said, adventurously.
18. “These puns are so great, it’s al-most nir-gru-na,” Tom said, peacefully.
19. “I’m really enjoying these gru puns, but I need to find my bean-gru,” Tom said, hungrily.
20. “I’m in such a good mood thanks to these puns, it feels nearly e-gru-phoric,” Tom said, euphorically.
Groovy Grinchy Gru Puns (Oxymoronic Puns)
1. How do minions handle grumpy grooves? They turn it into gru-py dances!
2. Did you hear about the grumpy avocado? It’s an ex-gru-cado!
3. The evil villain Gru took up ballet lessons. Now he’s a gru-sseur of both darkness and elegance!
4. Gru went on a diet, but he still ordered a double-decker extra cheese gru-mble burger!
5. Gru once tried to knit a sweater, but ended up creating some gru-mblings in the fabric.
6. What do you get when you cross a grumpy Gru with a cheerful Minion? A gru-nion!
7. Gru decided to become a motivational speaker. But his famous tagline? “Embrace the gru-tiful chaos!”
8. Gru tried to make a garden, but all he grew were gru-mpkins!
9. Gru decided to join a yoga class, hoping it would help him find inner gru-lance!
10. Why did Gru decide to take up juggling? Because he wanted to juggle his funny and gru-some side!
11. Gru went to the dentist and requested a gru-al cleaning!
12. The rogue banana once told Gru he was the “gru-test villain ever.” Gru replied, “You’re a-peeling to my ego!”
13. Gru planned a camping trip, but ended up having a gru-ff time lighting the fire!
14. Gru’s neighbors described him as “grumpily charming” – a true gru-magnet!
15. Gru considered becoming a meteorologist but decided he’d rather control the storms instead – gru-lloween style!
16. Have you heard about Gru’s favorite horror movie? “Gru-mbling Heights”!
17. One of Gru’s biggest fears is ending up gru-mpy and alone. But he prefers to call it “lone gru-niness.”
18. Gru decided to adopt a pet donkey, but soon realized it was a gru-t!
19. Why does Gru always carry an umbrella? To add a touch of gru-manity to any rainy day!
20. Gru once tried to become a chef, but his gru-tchen skills were less than gru-pproved!
Grue-ling with the Puns (Recursive Gru Puns)
1. Why was the minion sad at the museum? Because he couldn’t gru-asp the concept of modern art.
2. Why did Gru become an environmentalist? Because he wanted to leave a better world for his despic-kids.
3. How did Gru react when he saw a banana peel on the floor? He went bananas, but then he realized he was doomed to slip on it forever, stuck in a gru-itous loop.
4. Why did Gru enroll his minions in a coding class? He wanted them to understand the recursive nature of a “while” loop, to make their evil schemes more efficient.
5. When Gru’s sneezes echoed through the lab, one of his minions joked, “Sounds like you’ve got a gru-pper respiratory infection!”
6. What did Gru say when one of his minions complained about working late? “Quit gru-mbling and get back to work!”
7. When Gru’s minions found out they were getting a bonus, one of them exclaimed, “I can’t wait to gru-in all the extra money!”
8. Gru was excited to find the perfect Halloween costume: a gru-calibur sword, so he could be a medieval villain.
9. Why did Gru start a cooking show? Because he wanted to teach the world about his secret recipe for gru-stard.
10. Gru thought he had discovered a way to clone himself, but it turned out to be just a gru-s.
11. What did Gru say when his daughter asked what he did for a living? I’m a professional gru-nter, honey.
12. Gru’s favorite game to play at the amusement park is the carousel because he loves going around and around in a gru-rcle.
13. When Gru’s arch-nemesis tried to trap him in a cage, Gru said, “Nice try, but I’m an expert in gru-escaping!”
14. Gru opened a gym for villains, specializing in gru-pple fitness classes.
15. Gru’s favorite sport is golf because he loves the challenge of trying to get a hole in gru-n.
16. Gru’s favorite dessert is the gru-ffle, a sweet pastry with a hint of evil.
17. Gru told his minions they were going to take a group photo, but instead, he took a gru-fie!
18. When Gru accidentally mixed up his disguise glasses with his cooking goggles, he said, “Looks like I’m going to be seeing the world through gru-tensils!
19. Gru’s favorite kind of music is gru-ve, with its catchy beats and nefarious lyrics.
20. Gru got a new pet, a gru-pacabra, which turned out to be just a regular chihuahua with sharp teeth.
Gru-ing the Extra Mile (Gru Puns that go the Distance)
1. I’m not feeling so bananas today, but I guess it’s just part of the GRU-el.
2. GRU’teful for the chance to make these puns.
3. It’s time to get GRU-ving on these puns!
4. Don’t worry, be GRU-ppy!
5. I’m feeling GRU-sy today, can’t help it.
7. Let’s GRU and bear it!
8. A penny for your GRU-ghts?
9. GRU up and face the challenges!
10. It’s raining GRU-dles.
11. Let’s GRU this day together!
12. GRU-titude is important, even in tough times.
13. GRUing pains can be quite unbearable.
14. GRU can’t be serious!
15. The GRU-ter, the sweeter.
16. In GRU emergencies, remember to stay calm.
17. GRU time for some fun!
18. GRU-tally honest puns.
19. Don’t be GRU-mpy, embrace the day!
20. Let’s GRU with the flow.
In conclusion, we hope these 200+ gru puns have put a big smile on your face and tickled your funny bone! If you’re hungry for more laughter, be sure to check out our website for a plethora of puns that will keep you giggling for hours. Thank you for taking the time to visit us and may the puns be with you!