Looking to unleash your royal sense of humor and reign over the laughter kingdom? Look no further! We have rounded up over 200 unique king puns that are guaranteed to keep you chuckling and crown you the king or queen of comedy. Whether you’re seeking puns about kings themselves or wordplay involving the concept of royalty, this collection has it all. These puns will rule over your funny bone with their cleverness and wit. So, put on your crown and get ready to laugh your way to the throne with this hilarious assortment of king puns. Get ready to be the pun-dit of comedy and wow your friends with your regal sense of humor!
The Royal Reel: Hilarious King Puns (Editors Pick)
1. Why was the king only called “doubtful”? Because he couldn’t make up his king mind!
2. What did the king say to his subjects when they complained about his rule? “You’re just crown about everything!”
3. How does a king organize his army? He uses ruler strategy!
4. Why did the king go to art school? He wanted to learn how to draw his kingdom perfectly.
5. How did the king communicate with his queen during battles? He sent her a royal messenger pigeon!
6. Why did the king invite the jester to his party? Because he wanted to have a king good time!
7. How do you make a king’s throne more comfortable? By adding a royal cushioning!
8. Why did the king get a pet dragon? He wanted to have a fire-breathing heir!
9. What kind of nail polish does a queen use? Throne-away red!
10. Why are kings great singers? Because they can always hit the high notes with their royal voice!
11. How did the king know that he was losing his memory? He kept forgetting where he throne the crown!
12. What kind of exercise does a royal family do together? They practice the king’s bench press!
13. Why did the king go to the doctor? He had a severe case of rulingiosis!
14. How did the king react when he saw his favorite magician? He was spellbound with royal delight!
15. What did the king use to measure his wealth? Ruler-rings!
16. Why did the princess have to wear sunglasses? Because she couldn’t handle all the shine from the king’s crown!
17. How did the king feel about becoming a grandfather? He was throne in joy!
18. Why do kings always carry a mirror? So they can reflect on their ruling skills!
19. How does a king improve his math skills? By studying the royal-tic tables!
20. What do you get when you cross a king with a frog? A reign-deer!
Regal Wordplay (King Puns)
1. The king wanted his kingdom to last forever, so he crowned his son prince-a-petual heir.
2. Shoes fit for a king? Just call them sole-ful.
3. Why did the king go to art school? To reignite his creative side.
4. A king who loves to exercise is always crowned the treadmill-aire.
5. When the king’s favorite musician passed away, he declared it a royal mourning.
6. The king was always high-spirited, so he was crowned the king of the merry-go-round.
7. The king’s favorite fruit is pear. He likes to call it the peerless fruit.
8. The king was impressed by the rooster’s confidence, so he knighted him Sir Cock-a-doodle-do!
9. The king liked to treat his guests to a royal feast, but he never overindulged because he wanted to rule his waistline.
10. The king’s favorite type of exercise is yoga. He says it helps him find his inner regal-ity.
11. The king loved playing chess, but he was always check-mated by the queen.
12. The king made it a royal resolution to start a comedy club. He called it the “King’s Jester.”
13. The king always enjoyed lively banter, he found it reign-y day jokes.
14. The king’s favorite superhero is Batman because he believes in a monarchy of justice.
15. The farmer’s cow became the king’s favorite, so he knighted her Lady Bovine.
16. The king always carries a spare crown, just in case he loses his royal head.
17. The king’s royal advisors were always on the edge, because one wrong move and they could be called the king’s pawn.
18. The king’s favorite channel is the Food Network because he loves a taste of roy-al-ty.
19. The king loves to dance, he always puts his best foot crown.
20. The king was scared of heights so he made sure his throne was at a lower altitude – he had a fear of flying too high on the throne.
Majestic Jesters (Question-and-Answer Puns)
1. Why did the burger king go to therapy? Because he couldn’t handle the pressure.
2. What do you call a king who is always cold? The chilly monarch.
3. Why was the king so good at math? Because he always ruled with a firm denominator.
4. What do you call a king that loves to gamble? A royal flush.
5. Why did the king bring a ladder to the dentist? To crown his tooth.
6. What kind of car does a king drive? A crown vic.
7. Why did the king start a bakery? Because he kneaded the dough.
8. What do you call a bored king? The ruler of ennui.
9. Why did the king get into poetry? He had a royal way with words.
10. What did the king say when he found out he was being cheated? “That’s not regal!”
11. Why did the king bring a mirror to the desert? To reflect on his reign.
12. What’s a king’s favorite type of exercise? Ruler aerobics.
13. Why was the king a great ballet dancer? Because he had mastered the art of the grand jete.
14. What do you call a king who loves to fish? A royal angler.
15. Why did the king study astronomy? He wanted to understand his celestial highness.
16. What do you call a king with a sweet tooth? The royal candyman.
17. Why did the king always win at chess? He was the master of his domain.
18. What’s a king’s favorite type of cereal? Frosted crowns.
19. Why did the king always carry a camera? So he could capture his majestic moments.
20. What did the king say when he ate too much spicy food? “I can’t handle this fiery realm!”
The Royal Play on Words (Double Entendre Puns)
1. The king might have a royal flush, but he’s still just playing with his cards.
2. The king’s crown isn’t the only thing that’s erect.
3. The king’s scepter may be long, but it’s his stamina that truly rules the kingdom.
4. The king likes to rule, but he’s not against a little role-playing either.
5. The queen may be his partner on the throne, but he’s always looking for a jester in the sheets.
6. The king’s knights may be loyal, but he prefers a different kind of round table.
7. The king knows how to handle his sword, both on and off the battlefield.
8. The king’s bedchamber is always open for some crowned jewels.
9. When the king gets intimate, he likes to leave his subjects tongue-tied.
10. The king’s court may be formal, but his bedroom is all about the oral.
11. The king likes to keep his subjects on their knees, both in the court and in his private domain.
12. The king’s command is to pleasure him till kingdom come.
13. The king’s booming voice isn’t the only thing that can send shivers down your spine.
14. The king’s royal decree includes a lot of bowing and begging.
15. The king’s scepter isn’t just for show, it knows how to rule with the right touch.
16. The king’s reign might be noble, but his desires can be quite ignoble.
17. The king’s bedroom is always a place for a good throne and moaning.
18. The king’s pleasure is the kingdom’s treasure.
19. The king’s court may deal with justice, but his bedchamber deals with just-us.
20. The king’s lineage may be glorious, but the thing that stands out is his lasting legacy.
King Puns: Ruling the Punnydom
1. “I tried to rule the world, but I couldn’t find a kingdom key.”
2. “When the king’s jester laughed, it was a royal pain in the side.”
3. “The king was known for his cutting remarks; he was always on the edge of his sword.”
4. “Being the king’s right-hand man is an honor, but I’m starting to feel a bit left out.”
5. The king loved to gamble, but he always played it safe by wearing a crown and dice gloves.
6. “The king had a sharp mind, but his sword was even sharper.”
7. “The queen’s crown was too tight, so the king told her to take a royal breather.”
8. “When the king got knighted, he said, ‘I’ve finally been crowned with honor!'”
9. “The king loved astronomy because he always wanted to be a star ruler.”
10. “When the king lost his memory, his subjects said he was a ruler with a short-term reign.”
11. “The king’s chef always cooked with a regal touch; his dishes were fit for royalty!”
12. “The king had a bad joke sense of humor; his puns were truly reigny days for everyone.”
13. “When the king rode into battle, he said it was a royal pain in the saddle.”
14. “The king loved to write poetry; his verses were truly crowning achievements.”
15. Walking into the throne room felt like stepping into a kingdom of thorny puns.
16. “The king’s court jester always had him in stitches; it was a reign of laughter.”
17. “The king had a majestic singing voice; his tunes could make anyone feel like they were ruling the world.”
18. The king wanted to be a pastry chef, but he didn’t have the dough to knead it happen.
19. “The king’s subjects were always loyal; they truly believed in a monar-chic rule.”
20. “When the king wore his royal robes, he said he felt ‘clothed for success’.”
King Puns: Ruling with Pun Juxtaposition
1. The king was a royal pain in the neck.
2. The king married a queen who was a real joker.
3. The king’s crown was made of rusted tin foil.
4. The king ruled over a kingdom of card-playing jacks.
5. The king sat on a throne made of empty soda cans.
6. The king’s castle was built out of stale crackers.
7. The king’s favorite hobby was playing checkers with chess pieces.
8. The king loved to wear mismatched socks with his royal robes.
9. The king’s carriage was drawn by snails.
10. The king’s official food taster had a severe case of lockjaw.
11. The king’s loyal subjects were a group of grumpy cats.
12. The king’s royal decree stated that everyone had to wear rainbow-colored crowns.
13. The king’s favorite music was heavy metal played on a recorder.
14. The king’s favorite pets were a family of bunnies that loved to roar like lions.
15. The king’s castle had a moat filled with cherry Jello.
16. The king’s kingdom had an annual vegetable chopping competition.
17. The king’s royal court was made up of clowns and jugglers.
18. The king’s favorite pastime was playing hopscotch in his royal chambers.
19. The king’s favorite fruit was a banana covered in chocolate and sprinkled with pickles.
20. The king’s favorite artist was a court jester who painted abstract masterpieces.
Reigning with Punny Names
1. King of Puns
2. Ruler of Wordplay
3. Majesty of Laughter
4. Crowned Comedian
5. Jester King
6. Pun Prince
7. Wordplay Warlord
8. Punny Monarch
9. Humor King
10. Punster Royal
11. Laughing Lord
12. Witty Sovereign
13. Funny Regent
14. Jokester Emperor
15. Pundit Prince
16. Ruler of Jokes
17. Hilarity Highness
18. Jestful Monarch
19. Punny Potentate
20. King of Comedy
The Royal Rumble (Regal Spoonerism Puns)
1. My ring is a royal fling.
2. The wing is a riot thing.
3. Singing is a bring and a ping.
4. Wearing a string is really enduring.
5. A king’s crown is a frown upside down.
6. The king’s bling is a fine ping.
7. The king’s swing is a mighty thing.
8. Winning is a wingning thing.
9. The king’s zing is a delightful ping.
10. The king’s throne is an own king.
11. Mingling with the king is an inking of royality.
12. The king’s singing voice is a ringing choice.
13. Boxing is a coxing and a booming thing.
14. The king’s ring is a thing to bring.
15. The king’s game is a game to kring.
16. Royal dining is a boiling rining.
17. The king’s singing is a clinging swing.
18. The king’s string is a spring thing.
19. The king’s castle is a vassal’s thing.
20. The king’s bling is a kling and bring.
Regal Wordplay (Tom Swifties)
1. “I think I’ll try a new recipe,” said Tom blandly.
2. I love watching soccer,” said Tom mildly.
3. “I believe the king has a sore throat,” said Tom hoarsely.
4. “I can’t wait to meet the king,” said Tom royally.
5. “This throne is very comfortable,” said Tom regally.
6. “I have a collection of royal antiques,” said Tom majestically.
7. “The king’s palace is magnificent,” said Tom grandly.
8. “I have a king-sized appetite,” said Tom hungrily.
9. “I want to make a royal announcement,” said Tom formally.
10. “I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed,” said Tom majestically.
11. “I find the king’s jokes quite comical,” said Tom regally.
12. “There’s something majestic about the king’s voice,” said Tom royally.
13. “I feel like a king in this luxury hotel,” said Tom grandly.
14. “I got a crown for my birthday,” said Tom with a touch of excitement.
15. “I enjoy playing chess with the king,” said Tom strategically.
16. “I think we might need a bigger castle,” said Tom expansively.
17. “I feel like I’m walking on a red carpet,” said Tom poshly.
18. “Being the king’s advisor is quite prestigious,” said Tom importantly.
19. I’m learning to play the trumpet,” said Tom trumpantly.
20. “I feel like a king when I eat chocolate,” said Tom sweetly.
Regal Riddles (Oxymoronic King Puns)
1. The king had a royal pain in the throne.
2. He ruled with a dictator’s compassion.
3. The king was both serious and a jokester—what a royal funny bone!
4. The king loved his subjects, except when they disagreed with him.
5. His majestic laziness was a sight to behold.
6. The king was a humble egomaniac.
7. He was both the ruler and the ruled—the king of self-control.
8. The king had a heart of stone and a crown of gold.
9. His laugh was as mighty as a whisper.
10. The king’s speech was loud but full of silence.
11. He had the authority of a jester and the wit of a tyrant.
12. The king’s generosity was as scarce as his riches.
13. He was the king of modesty, with a castle on his head.
14. The king’s decisions were firm, yet as flexible as a brick.
15. His royal taste extended to both elegant extravagance and simple luxuries.
16. The king’s intelligence was as bright as a dull candle.
17. The king loved his subjects like a distance runner loves sitting.
18. He ruled with an iron fist wrapped in velvet gloves.
19. The king’s style was predictable but shockingly unexpected.
20. His majestic roar was as quiet as a scream.
Recursive Monarchy (King Puns)
1. Why was the king a good musician? Because he had great reign on the guitar!
2. Did you hear about the lion who became a king? He was roaringly regal!
3. When the queen bought a new throne, she said, “Finally, a seat fit for a ruler!”
4. Why was the royal chef unhappy? Because he couldn’t make any “royal-tea” desserts!
5. The princess kept winning at chess, she was truly the queen of strategy!
6. The king slept like a baby, always in a royal crib!
7. The jester walked into the palace and said, “I’m a master of puns, I can jest around the kingdom!”
8. The prince decided to become a magician. Now he’s the heir apparent for the magic throne!
9. Every time the king laughed, his subjects would say, “Looks like we’ve got a hilarious majesty!”
10. The royal tailor was a perfectionist. He knew every stitch needed to fit just right, making him a real “seam-king”!
11. What did the queen say to her court jester? “Joke’s on you, I’m the one who wears the crown!”
12. The king loved telling riddles. He said, “I guess you can say I’m the monarch of mystery!”
13. Why did the king love numbers? Because he was a ruler-tiplied mathematician!
14. The queen bee was in charge of the hive, she truly ruled the “beedom”!
15. The king met a genie and wished for a castle. Now he’s a real “royaltilionaire”!
16. The royal garden was blooming with flowers, making it a “throne of petals!
17. The king was a big fan of comedy shows. He loved “reigning” the laughter!
18. The royal band performed in the grand hall. Their music was truly fit for a “ruler of melody”!
19. The prince was a talented archer. With every shot, he aimed to be the “king of the bow”!
20. The king’s favorite food was pun soup. He said, “It’s the secret ingredient to ruling with a good sense of humor!”
Reigning in the Punderful King Cliches!
1. The king couldn’t decide which queen to crown, so he had to sleep on it.
2. When the king broke his crown, his court jesters said, “Well, that’s a royal pain!”
3. The king had a wild night and woke up feeling throne-y.
4. It’s a tough job being king, but someone’s got to wear the crown.
5. The king hired a new jester, but he was a total jester disappointment.
6. The king always thought his castle was queencredible.
7. When the king goes for a run, he wears his royal running shoes – they’re fit for a monarch.
8. The king accidentally locked himself out of his castle and said, “I guess the royal entrance is always barred.”
9. Despite his royal status, the king had to start from scratch and unlearn his throne-ti-tude.
10. The king bought a new horse, but it was a reel disappointment. It just wasn’t knight-y enough.
11. The king always knows when to make a royal entrance – it’s all about timing.
12. The king’s new coffee machine is majestic – it brews a royal blend.
13. Even the king can have his off days – they’re just crowned with a bad hair day.
14. The king was caught in a rainstorm without an umbrella, and his subjects said, “Reign on your parade, Your Majesty.”
15. When the king watched his favorite show, he’d always say, “That’s throne-derful!”
16. The king never regretted his school days because he was crowned the king of the classroom.
17. The king tried to do a magic trick, but it was a royal flop – his card vanished because it was dealt with.
18. The king said his kingdom was so serene because he always kept it re-queen-ably clean.
19. The king was in a contemplative mood, and he said, “To reign or not to reign, that is the question.”
20. The king always insisted on having a royal feast – he ruled the buffet like a monarch.
In the realm of laughter, these unique king puns reign supreme! We hope they have brought joy and laughter to your day. But the fun doesn’t have to end here! Check out our website for more puns fit for a king. Thank you for joining us on this chuckle-filled adventure!