If you’re someone who loves a good play on words and finds humor in all things spiritual, you’re in for a treat! We’ve gathered over 200 hilarious temple puns that are sure to tickle your funny bone. Whether you’re a practicing Buddhist, Hindu, or just appreciate the beauty and history of temples, these puns are for you. From puns about temple architecture to wordplay on religious concepts, we’ve got it all. So sit back, relax, and prepare to laugh your way through the best temple puns on the internet. Let’s templebrate the joy of laughter and puns!
“Divine Laughter: Temple Puns to Lighten Your Day” (Editors Pick)
1. I don’t like to brag, but I’m pretty good at temple running.
2. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? He wanted to transcend dental medication.
3. I’m going to start a new religion called “Temple Gym.” It combines fitness and spirituality, so you can lift as you pray.
4. The temple doors were stuck, but eventually they Buddha way through.
5. I told my friend I was going to temple, but she thought I was going to get a perm.
6. I went to the temple, but the monks were all meditating in silence. It was a very quiet temple!
7. My local temple is always doing charity work. They’re just so giving.
8. My yoga teacher said I need to work on my temple pose.
9. Why did the Hindu go to the temple first thing in the morning? To start her day with some enlightenment
10. I heard a joke about a temple once, but it was sanctimoniously funny.
11. I tried to climb to the top of a temple once, but I couldn’t quite reach Nirvana.
12. I asked the temple leader what the most important part of the building was. He said the alter-nate entrance.
13. You won’t find any unspiritual plants in a temple garden…they’re all in-zen-sitive.
14. I told my friend I was going to the Jewish temple, and he said “synagogue down on that.”
15. Did you hear about the scientist who became a monk? He was able to find inner-peace because he knew all about cells.
16. The architecture of ancient temples is really awe-inspiring. It’s the best way to get a real columned experience.
17. My wife said she was going to the temple, but when she came back she had an extra-large soda from the gas station. She must have been temple-ted!
18. Do you know why the Buddhist monk couldn’t finish the crossword puzzle? Because he had already achieved enlightenment.
19. I tried to make a joke using only Buddhist words, but it was koan-fusing.
20. What do you call a small temple? A templet!
Temple-tingly Terrible Jokes (One-liner Puns)
1. I lost my job at the Temple of Doom thanks to a bad Indy-endence Day pun.
2. The Temple of the Sun was so bright, it was hard to temple-ate into its beauty.
3. I went to the temple to worship the breath of life but ended up getting holy air instead.
4. My friend is a walking temple of knowledge; he knows so much, it’s temple-ting.
5. What’s the difference between a temple and a library? Temples have more “pray”ing customers.
6. Did you hear about the monk who got a job at the temple because of his halOmmmmeter?
7. I tried to win the contest at the temple, but alas, it was a Buddha-sem.
8. Visiting the ancient temple, I realized that these stones had temple-ted time and the elements for millions of years.
9. A monk was defrocked and put on a non-prayer role to the temple—he became an un-temple-ate.
10. I visited the temple recently and left feeling like it was a holy structure; it was tower-ifying.
11. The temple of bags suffered from a lot of thief-ic problems.
12. Why did the tree get kicked out of the temple? Because it was not a pray-fer.
13. The temple has such nice decor, it was a-delight-Fu
14. I’d love to work as an acrobat at the temple but there are just too many hoops to jump through.
15. I picked up an adventure game where you have to escape a temple called “Bask in the hidden temple,” and I can’t stop temple-ating about it.
16. I met a guy who repairs stone temples, he was a chiseled un-temple-ated worker.
17. Why couldn’t the monk save any money to donate to the temple? He was living a friar-minimal existence.
18. I went to Temple University but didn’t get high grades; I guess the answers were just written too hieroglyphically!
19. The temple chef was very generous, every time he served his famous soup, he used to bowl them over with its taste.
20. I’m working on a book about the Temple of the Future, but it’s not ready yet because I’m still in the prophesaiing stage.
Temple Time Puzzles (Question-and-Answer Puns on Temples)
1. Why did the Buddhist monk decide to leave the temple? He was starting to lose his Zen-tre!
2. Why did the temple get a new bathroom? Because the old one didn’t have enough facets!
3. Why do Temple priests tell so many jokes? They’re always trying to keep the congregation-happy!
4. Why did the temple start selling ice cream? They wanted to get in on the Sundae offerings!
5. Why did the temple chef get fired? He couldn’t make a good Naan impression!
6. Why do they store all their holy books in the deep freeze at the temple? They want them to be scripture cold!
7. Why did the monk get in trouble for whispering in the temple? He was spreading monk-ey business!
8. Why did the temple janitor get in trouble? He kept leaving a Messianic hall!
9. Why did the temple choir disband? They kept hitting the high priest!
10. What do you call when a group of monks meditates together? A holy alliance!
11. Why did the temple hire a cleaning service? So they could Free-Moses time for more important things!
12. What do you call when a priest goes on a diet? Religious fasting!
13. What do you call when a temple raises money? A faith-lift!
14. Why did the monk take up gardening? He wanted to increase his radish-nashun!
15. What do you call when a temple’s roof caves in? The temple falling down!
16. Why did the temple advertise on the radio? They wanted to attract more station-ary souls!
17. Why did the temple’s fundraiser fail? They didn’t have enough Ja-spare-us change!
18. What do you call when a monk takes a break from his chores? A Frri-Ayatan!
19. Why did the temple’s Twitter account get suspended? They kept using sacred Hash-tags!
20. Why did the monk start using a pogo stick? He wanted to be a hop-ly man!
Divine Wordplay: Double Meanings in Temple Puns
1. The temple was in ruins, but the archaeologist was determined to get it up again.
2. The templegoer couldn’t resist the sensation of being touched by the holy spire.
3. The monk was caught fondling his temple’s bells.
4. The temple was sacred, but it wasn’t above and beyond a good bathroom joke.
5. The temple guide had the group in a state of awe until he pulled out his “personal” staff.
6. The temple’s priests were happy to accommodate, but they were well-known for their stingy donations.
7. The templegoer asked if he could touch the Buddha statue’s belly for good luck, but the monk recommended he leave that to the experts.
8. The tourists were scandalized when they discovered the temple’s “hidden” chambers.
9. The temple was gorgeous, but the erotic carvings on its walls were arguably the highlight.
10. The temple’s incense smelled divine, but the monk’s cologne was pretty tempting, too.
11. The temple’s bells rang out, reminding everyone of their own personal need for a dong.
12. The temple’s meditation room was the perfect place to clear your mind, unless, of course, you were thinking about temple puns.
13. The temple’s architecture was impressive, but the monks were known to be more interested in studying the “human form.”
14. The gardens surrounding the temple were breathtaking, but the bee shrine was a bit alarming.
15. The temple was world-famous, but it was really just a place to worship at the alter of double entendres.
16. The temple’s holy water was said to cure all ailments, but the monks wouldn’t let anyone drink too much and get too wild.
17. The temple’s dragons were stunning, but they also had a bit of a kink for wax play.
18. The temple’s visitors were transfixed by the giant statue, until they noticed the pointy tip coming from underneath.
19. The temple’s treasure was rumored to be incredible, but the guard stopped the tourists and said they needed to “get a grip.”
20. The temple was a religious experience for many, but for some it was a place to confess their deep, dark panda bear obsessions.
Temple-tations: Puns in Idioms About Temples
1. The monk couldn’t find his sandals, so he was templed to go barefoot.
2. She always knew how to keep her cool, she was a real temple of poise.
3. The temple’s renovation was a weight on the monks’ shoulders.
4. After the monk’s fall from grace, his temple membership was revoked.
5. The monk’s humor was very dry, he had a temple sense of humor.
6. Remember to mind your temple, it’s a sacred place.
7. The temple was asking for donations to get a new roof; it was a temple-porary fix.
8. His newfound religion turned his life around, he felt like he was living in a temple of angels.
9. She felt a bit too sheltered living in the temple of her youth, so she left to explore the world.
10. The monks were deep in prayer, in the temple of their thoughts.
11. After years of studying at the temple, he felt like he had finally found his centr-temple.
12. The temple’s interior could only be described as Godly.
13. The temple’s walls were so old, they were beginning to crumble under their own tem-ple age.
14. The temple’s stained glass windows were true works of art, they were temple-ments to the craftsmen who made them.
15. She spent countless hours in the temple’s garden, it was her temple of peace.
16. The monk’s cooking skills were unmatched, he was a true temple chef.
17. The temple’s library was full of ancient tomes, it was a true temple of knowledge.
18. The temple’s doors were always open, it was a temple-tation to visit.
19. After a long day of prayer, the monks retreated to their temple quarters to rest.
20. The monk’s clothing was always pristine, he was a true temple of fashion.
Temple-ting Pun-tastic Wordplay (Pun Juxtaposition)
1. The monks at the temple are great storytellers. They always have a tale to shrine.
2. I’m setting up a kiosk selling miniature temples. It’s a small business, but it might just have enough altarent.
3. Some of the temple’s walls might be leaning…but they’re still “fair and temple-ate.”
4. A temple can be a great place to meditate, but I prefer to “om away” at home.
5. The temple’s door hinges were rusty, but with a bit of oil, they got temple-orary relief.
6. If you want to build a temple, you have to be sure to have solid coursis columns.
7. The temple has lots of scholars, but I wouldn’t call them “temp-orary” experts.
8. I visited a temple in the desert, but it was deserted.
9. When they played baseball at the temple, they used Heaven Balls.
10. The temple’s entrance is so grand, it really door-makes the other buildings look small.
11. You heard about the temple that was sinking into the ocean? It was tragic, but the seaweed it was worth it.
12. The temple roof was so low, you could say it was temple-ited headroom.
13. The temple’s bathroom was really clean, but it had only one toilet – they call it the shinto-one.
14. The temple’s floor creaked loudly…it was mahogany.
15. On any given day, the temple at sunrise is amazing, terrac-otta see it.
16. The temple’s windows were made of stained glass, but they were still good in temples of clarity.
17. They built a shrine on the moon but it was hard to get people to visit because it was a challenge to get through the temp-ast sphere.
18. Did you hear about the cat that stayed at the temple? They call it the Furball Chi.
19. If you’re looking for a place to get married, temple-y look here.
20. I spent my vacation at a temple in the tropics, it was the perfect place to be shrine.
Temple Time (Puns in Names)
2. Holy Rollers
4. Temple Run
5. Temple of Boom
6. Tem-PLENTY of Fun
7. Temple Tantrum
8. Temple Time-Out
9. Temples and Tribulations
10. Temple Twist
11. Temple Tumbles
12. Temple Trembles
13. Temple Turn-Up
14. Temple Turmoil
15. Temple Tornado
16. Temple Trepidation
17. Temple Trivial Pursuit
18. Temple Trailblazers
19. Temple Treasures
20. Temple Triumphant
Temple Tinkers: Hilarious Spoonerisms Puns to Worship!
1. Pimple Tuns
2. Sample Runs
3. Simple Fun
4. Wimple Suns
5. Example Puns
6. Trample Duns
7. Dimple Buns
8. Wrecked Tranquility
9. Stray Turmoil
10. Spruce Wreaks
11. Simple Rites
12. Crinkle Fights
13. Come Brewed
14. Humble Monks
15. Dare We Feast
16. Comb Eased
17. Dim Sides
18. Jumbled Mayhem
19. Tumpled Domes
20. Nuns on a Trample.
Temple-dous Tom Swifties: Pun-tastic Remarks on Temples!
1. “I can’t worship at this temple,” Tom said ironically.
2. “This temple is just too holy,” Tom said sacrilegiously.
3. “I think I’m in love with the temple priestess,” Tom said lustfully.
4. “I hope they’re serving good food at the temple feast,” Tom said hungrily.
5. “This temple is so old,” Tom said historically.
6. “Do you think they’ll let me perform a dance in the temple?” Tom asked ballet-ically.
7. “I’m feeling quite serene in this temple,” Tom said peacefully.
8. “This temple has a great view,” Tom said awestruck.
9. “I don’t think I’m dressed appropriately for the temple,” Tom said unfittingly.
10. “Why are there so many steps in this temple?” Tom asked rhetorically.
11. “This temple is so ornately decorated,” Tom said aesthetically.
12. “They’re playing drums in the temple,” Tom said rhythmically.
13. “I’m afraid to touch anything in the temple,” Tom said cautiously.
14. “I think I’ve found my calling in life: temple architecture,” Tom said monumentally.
15. “This temple has a lot of security,” Tom said guardedly.
16. “I hope they have a good sound system in the temple,” Tom said harmoniously.
17. “I’m getting a temple tattoo,” Tom said indelibly.
18. Why is the lighting so dim in this temple?” Tom asked dimly.
19. “I’m not sure I understand the rituals in this temple,” Tom said mystically.
20. “This temple is so serene, I could meditate for hours,” Tom said transcendently.
Holy Humor: Oxymoronic Temple Puns
1. The temple was surprisingly hollow.
2. The temple’s silence was deafening.
3. The temple was darkly illuminated.
4. The holy water was suspiciously salty.
5. The temple’s sacred cows were surprisingly carnivorous.
6. The temple was oddly familiar with modern technology.
7. The priest’s teachings were confusingly enlightening.
8. The temple was strangely quiet yet full of noise.
9. The temple’s facade was beautifully ugly.
10. The temple’s incense had a pungent aroma of fresh air.
11. The temple’s peacefulness was eerily unsettling.
12. The temple’s interior was immaculately unkempt.
13. The temple’s offerings were generously meager.
14. The temple’s tranquility was chaotically calming.
15. The temple’s serenity was disturbingly noisy.
16. The temple’s bells were harmoniously dissonant.
17. The temple’s sculptures were dynamically static.
18. The temple’s rituals were effectively pointless.
19. The temple’s simplicity was overwhelming.
20. The temple’s spirituality was ironically materialistic.
Temple-tingly Funny: Recursive Puns for the (Holy) Sanctuary of Laughs!
1. Why did the the temple’s walls turn into a sandwich? Because they were bready for it.
2. The temple’s cleaning staff just got a raise. They wanted to raisin their salaries.
3. The temple’s choir always sings in key. They’re just a bunch of sharps.
4. The temple’s roof was in bad shape, so they prayed for a miracle. But they got shingled instead.
5. The temple’s bookstore had a sale on sacred texts. It was a holy deal.
6. The temple’s statue of Buddha was missing its left ear. It was a major loss.
7. The temple’s bell was rung every hour, but it never got tired of donging its thing.
8. The temple’s prayer room was full of incense. It was quite a scent-imental experience.
9. The temple’s outhouse was hidden away, but it was a restroom-ing place.
10. The temple’s garden was filled with blooming flowers. It was a buddle of beauty.
11. The temple’s monks always followed the rules, but occasionally they needed a nudge-wink.
12. The temple’s meditation hall was always peaceful, but it could definitely use a chai-nging room.
13. The temple’s festival had everything from food to games. It was a carnival-val of fun.
14. The temple’s water fountain had flowing water. It was quite a refreshing-oasis.
15. The temple’s tea was brewed to perfection. It was a tea-riffic cup.
16. The temple’s guide was experienced, but he was still learning the in-temps and outs-jaunts.
17. The temple’s pottery room was well-equipped. It was a wares-fine place.
18. The temple’s drummers always kept the beat. It was a rhythm-temple place.
19. The temple’s vegetarian restaurant was packed with customers. It was a tasty, meat-free place.
20. The temple’s gift shop had everything from postcards to souvenirs. It was a monk-e-doody shop.
Temples to Chuckle Over: Punny Cliches for Heavenly Laughs
1. “When in Rome, do as the temple dwellers do.”
2. “All roads lead to the temple.”
3. “Bigger and better temples have been built.”
4. “The temple of doom has got nothing on this place.”
5. An apple a day keeps the demons at bay at the temple.
6. “Keep calm and temple on.”
7. A temple a day keeps the devil away.
8. “Cleanliness is next to temple-ness.”
9. “Temples are the way to enlightenment, not Rome.”
10. “Out of the frying pan and into the temple.”
11. It’s always calm in the eye of the temple.
12. The temple in your heart is the most important.
13. “Never forget to temple yourself first.”
14. “A temple is only as good as its foundation.”
15. “Life is like a temple; it has its ups and downs.”
16. “If you build it, they will temple.”
17. “The best things in life are temple.”
18. “You can’t make an omelet without breaking a few temple walls.”
19. “Don’t put all your eggs in one temple.”
20. “Rome wasn’t built in a day, but this temple sure was.”
In conclusion, we hope that these 200+ hilarious temple puns have tickled your spiritual funny bone! If you’re looking for even more puns to brighten up your day, be sure to check out the rest of our website for a pun-tastic time. Thank you for visiting, and we hope you continue to enjoy the wit and whimsy that puns can bring to your life!