If you’re looking for a monstrous amount of puns to tickle your funny bone, look no further! We’ve compiled over 200 hilarious monster puns that will undoubtedly have you howling with laughter. From classic creatures like vampires and werewolves to more obscure monsters like chupacabras and krakens, these puns cover them all. You’ll be screaming with delight as you read through this collection of witty one-liners and clever wordplay. So get ready to unleash your laughter and dive into these monstrously funny puns!
Monstrously Hilarious Puns (Editors Pick)
1. Why did Dracula go to art school? To learn how to draw blood.
2. What’s a monster’s favourite bean? A human bean.
3. Where do monsters go swimming? The Dead Sea.
4. Why did the monster refuse to eat ghosts? They go straight through him.
5. What do you call a monster that’s always on the go? Frankenbusy!
6. Why did the zombie choose to become a referee? He loves to call brains.
7. How do monsters tell their future? They read their horrorscope.
8. Why do monsters like to eat ghosts? It gives them a little BOOst of energy.
9. What do you call a werewolf that runs away? A cowardly lion.
10. What’s a monster’s favorite musical note? A high Aaaaargh!
11. Why was Dr. Frankenstein never lonely? He created a monster to keep him company.
12. What do you call a monster with a notebook? A jolly notebook.
13. Why did the monster go to school? To learn how to scare smarter, not harder.
14. What does a monster wear on its feet? Scare-crocs!
15. Why was the monster arrested for theft? He stole the show.
16. What do monsters order at a Chinese restaurant? Fangtastic noodles.
17. Why did the farmer have to puncture the monster’s party balloon? He didn’t want the monster to have too much fun.
18. What do you call a monster that loves to dance? The boogieman.
19. Why did the mummy go on vacation? He needed to unwind.
20. Why did the monster refuse to play cards? He was afraid the deck was stacked against him.
Monstrous One-Liners: Jokes that Will Leave You Howling!
1. Why did Dracula go to art school? To learn how to draw blood!
2. What do you call a monster with a hole in its head? A headache.
3. Why did the monster refuse to pay for parking? It was a meter-eater.
4. Why did the vampire quit drinking blood? He got sick of the vein thing.
5. What do you call a werewolf with a stomach ache? A whimper-snapper.
6. Why did the mummy break up with his girlfriend? She said he was too wrapped up in himself.
7. What’s a monster’s favorite fruit? Ghoul-berries.
8. Why did the monster build a phone with four ears? So it could hear you scream.
9. What do monsters eat at a picnic? Chilled eyes and scream.
10. Why did the monster take his friend to the doctor? He was coffin.
11. Why did the monster start eating broken TVs? He was getting into horror-flick-tion.
12. Why did the zombie have to withdraw from school? They said he wasn’t a-book-ed to be there.
13. What is a monster’s favorite toy? A goblet.
14. Why couldn’t the monster make a call on his cell phone? It was out of mummy.
15. What do monsters use to practice their writing? Scare-crow.
16. Why did the ghost decide to quit the football team? He didn’t have the drive.
17. What does a monster call his father? Franken-Papa.
18. What did the bee say to the vampire? Your teeth are quite pointy.
19. Why are ghosts so bad at lying? Because they’re terrible at covering their tracks.
20. What is the most popular holiday for monsters? Fangs-giving!
Giggle Monsters: Question-and-Answer Puns about Monsters
1. What do you call a monster that can’t ride a bike? A cycle-path.
2. Why do monsters love pancakes? Because they’re flipping fantastic.
3. How do you know if a monster has a cold? It starts coffin’ a lot.
4. What did Frankenstein’s monster say after a brain transplant? It’s brain-new.
5. Why are ghosts such bad liars? They’re easy to see through.
6. Why did the monster break up with his girlfriend? He thought she was too needy-ulous.
7. How does a werewolf tell the time? With a hair watch.
8. Why did the monster refuse to eat clowns? Because they taste funny.
9. How do monsters communicate with each other? They use their boooooooooths.
10. What do you call a painting done by a Kraken? An ink portrait.
11. How did the zombie become a successful baker? He kneaded the dough.
12. Why did the mummy break up with his girlfriend? She kept trying to unwrap him.
13. What kind of music do monsters listen to? Wrap music.
14. How do you make a skeleton laugh? Tickle its funny bone.
15. What do you get when you cross a monster and a snowman? Frostbite.
16. Why did the monster go to the doctor? To get a Coffin Test.
17. How does a vampire start a letter? Tomb it may concern.
18. How do monsters stay in shape? They exorcise regularly.
19. Why did the monster apply for a job as a security guard? He wanted to clock out.
20. What did one ghost say to the other ghost? “Do you believe in people?”
Monster Mashup: Pun-ishingly Good Double Entendre Puns!
1. The monster asked his girlfriend how to scare up a good time.
2. Frankenstein’s monster was electrified on his wedding night.
3. The Loch Ness Monster is a real attention seeker.
4. “Let’s get Kraken!” shouted the sea monster to his mate.
5. Zombies always make a grave impression.
6. The werewolf was hair to the throne.
7. Godzilla is real “fire-breathing” entertainment.
8. The Mummy always wraps things up quickly.
9. Dracula is a real neck breaker.
10. Bigfoot was Sas-‘quatching’ for a new pair of shoes.
11. The ghost said, “Boo-tiful!”
12. The wicked witch cackled as she flew her broomstick.
13. The Yeti is too cool for school.
14. The Cyclops only had an eye for his girlfriend.
15. Medusa’s hair looked “snakesational.”
16. The vampire said, “I like to coffin with the ladies.”
17. The alien discovered Earth was out of this world.
18. The giant ate like a “big colossal.”
19. The zombie said, “I’m dead tired!”
20. The devil said, “I’m hell-bent on having a good time!
Monstrous Mayhem (Puns in Idioms)
1. I’ve got my eyes on you…monster!
2. Don’t make me ghost you, monster.
3. I’m not spooked by you, monster!
4. A monster in the hand is worth two in the bush.
5. That monster is a real pain in my neck!
6. I’m feeling a bit like the Loch Ness Monster today.
7. You look like you’ve seen a ghost…monster.
8. I’m sure that monster will be a graveyard smash.
9. That monster’s bark is worse than its bite.
10. Monsters love to have a howling good time.
11. Some monsters just can’t control their inner beast.
12. That monster is as sly as a fox.
13. I’m not afraid to face the monster under my bed.
14. That monster is really dragging its feet.
15. Never judge a monster by its fur.
16. It’s not polite to ignore a monster in the room.
17. Don’t let that monster get a leg up on you.
18. Some monsters have a real monster appetite!
19. That monster really knows how to have a wild time.
20. I may be scared of heights, but I’m not scared of monsters!
Monstrously Good Puns (Pun Juxtaposition)
1. Why did the monster apply for a job at the zoo? Because he wanted to be a Boo Keeper.
2. What do you give a hungry monster? A Forken Stein.
3. Why did the monster fail the math test? She couldn’t Count Dracula.
4. Why did the monster go to the dentist? To get his fangs capped.
5. Why did the monster skip breakfast? He decided to have a Frankenberry for lunch instead.
6. Why was the monster always tardy? He kept missing the Screamliner.
7. How do you know if a monster has a cold? They start coffin.
8. Why did the monster get mad at his computer? He couldn’t remember his pass-scare word.
9. What did the werewolf say when he was asked to go for a swim? “I can’t, I haven’t wolfed down yet.”
10. How does a monster feel when he loses his phone? He’s afraid he’ll never be able to unearth it.
11. What do you get when you cross a chicken and a monster? A creature that lays deviled egggs.
12. Why did the monster break up with his girlfriend? He said she was too clingy.
13. Why did the monster stay up all night? He wanted to watch his favorite show, Boonanas in Pajamas.
14. Why did the monster go on a diet? He was a little fang-sy.
15. Why did the monster refuse to go to the opera? He didn’t like the Phantoms of the Opera.
16. What is a monster’s favorite type of music? Moan-a Lisa.
17. Why did the monster go to art school? He wanted to learn how to paint and decapitate.
18. What did the monster say to the pencil? “You’re dead to me.”
19. Why did the monster get a smart speaker? He heard it had a great ghost-recognizer.
20. How did the monster celebrate Halloween? He went to a cemetery and raised a little hell.
Monstrously Clever Names (Monster Puns)
1. Frank N. Stein (Frankenstein)
2. Mike Waz-owski (Monsters, Inc.)
3. Count Fuzzula (Count Dracula)
4. Boo Berry (Boo from Monsters, Inc.)
5. Mothmantha (Mothman)
6. Elvira Gulch (The Wicked Witch of the West)
7. Godzillaire (Godzilla)
8. Nessie Kinks (Loch Ness Monster)
9. Yeti Spaghetti (Yeti)
10. Draculaugh (Count Dracula)
11. Sas-quilt (Sasquatch)
12. Ghoul Friday (Girl Friday)
13. The Chupacabro (Chupacabra)
14. Mummy Mia (Mamma Mia)
15. Franken-pie (Frankenstein)
16. The Abominable Snow Gentleman (The Abominable Snowman)
17. The Blob Ross (Bob Ross)
18. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hydeaway (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde)
19. The Creature from the Black Liz-agoon (The Creature from the Black Lagoon)
20. Medusa Tale (Medusa)
Monstrously Mangled Tongues (Spoonerisms on Monster Puns)
1. Blighty frighty
2. Grrrave marker
3. Fumpkin patch
4. Monk halloweenster
5. Boogie woogie mite
6. Tearible monstor
7. Zom bee
8. Ghoulden retriever
9. Creepy crawler
10. Franken fine
11. Jekyll and hyde yo-yo
12. Blunder the bed
13. Bump in the nightstand
14. Furmidable beast
15. Howl round
16. Paw cemetery
17. Scare-a-lot bear
18. Spooky toadstool
20. Vampire fries
Monstrously Clever Quips (Tom Swifties)
1. “I’m not afraid of the monster,” Tom said bravely.
2. “I hate sea monsters,” Tom said abyssmally.
3. “I think we might be dealing with a Yeti,” Tom said abominably.
4. “This monster is a real Leviathan,” Tom said fishily.
5. “I don’t think vampires exist,” Tom said drolly.
6. The monster ate all my candy,” Tom said emptily.
7. “I’m not afraid of the monster under my bed,” Tom said lyingly.
8. “This monster is a real ghoul,” Tom said ghostily.
9. “That Loch Ness Monster is a slippery one,” Tom said eelingly.
10. “I can’t believe a werewolf attacked us,” Tom said howlingly.
11. “The monster must be made of stone,” Tom said coldly.
12. “I don’t need a weapon to fight this monster,” Tom said handily.
13. “We should be safe on this mountaintop,” Tom said summitly.
14. “The mummy’s curse is just a myth,” Tom said cryptically.
15. “I’m sure Bigfoot is just a hoax,” Tom said footedly.
16. “This monster is a real chupacabra,” Tom said goatishly.
17. “I doubt that sea serpent is real,” Tom said skeptically.
18. “The monster’s roar echoed in the canyon,” Tom said eerily.
19. “I think that monster is a figment of your imagination,” Tom said fakely.
20. “I’m getting tired of these monster stories,” Tom said wearily.
Monstrous Oxymoronic Puns – When Scary Meets Funny!
1. Why did the monster apply for a bank loan? To get out of debt!
2. Did you hear about the shy monster who couldn’t scare anyone? He was a people-pleaser!
3. Why did the monster break up with his girlfriend? She said he was too clingy!
4. The monster chef’s dishes were so bad they were horrifyingly delicious!
5. Why did the monster refuse to eat the ghost’s food? He said it was too “boo-ring”.
6. Why did the monster go to the chiropractor? He had a spine-chilling experience!
7. The shy monster was finally able to stand up to his bully. He found his inner monster!
8. Why did the monster refuse to run a marathon? He said it would be a big foot in his mouth!
9. The ghost complained that the monster was too controlling. The monster replied, “I’m a hands-on kind of guy!”
10. Why did the monster break up with his previous dentist? He said they were too scairy!
11. Why did the monster refuse to donate blood? He said it was a grave undertaking!
12. The monster musician’s songs were so bad they were monstrously good!
13. Why did the monster refuse to wear a hat? It was a scary thought!
14. Why did the monster refuse to use the internet? He said it was a frightful web!
15. The monster actor’s performances were so bad they were frighteningly realistic.
16. Why did the monster refuse to take a shower? He said it was a fright wash!
17. Why did the monster refuse to use a washing machine? It was a monster-sized load!
18. The monster comedian’s jokes were so bad they were horrifyingly hilarious!
19. Why did the monster refuse to take a plane? He said it was a fright flight!
20. Why did the monster refuse to watch scary movies? He said it was a scare wore off!
Monstrous Wordplay (Recursive Puns)
1. My monster friend wanted to be a musician, but he couldn’t because he didn’t have any FANGtastic tunes.
2. Why did the vampire go to art school? Because he wanted to learn how to draw BLOOD.
3. Frankenstein always knows how to bring the party to LIFE.
4. The monster was always afraid of the dark, but he was a master at SCARENTING others.
5. The ghost couldn’t tell a joke without BOOing the punchline.
6. Werewolves are really into hair metal.
7. Why don’t monsters ever argue? Because they always find a way to GHOUL things over.
8. What is Dracula’s favorite drink? Blood Light.
9. Why did the skeleton go to the party alone? Because he had nobody to GHOUL with.
10. Why did the Mummy break up with his girlfriend? Because they were TOMB-stone.
11. What do you call a monster with good table manners? A DINNERSAUR.
12. The monster was upset when he lost his eye, but he couldn’t BELIEVE the out-SCREAMS he got when he got a new one.
13. If you want to scare a monster, just tell him that he has BOOgie fever.
14. The monster’s favorite band is the ZOMBONIES.
15. Do you know what the monster said when he lost his foot? “Oh well, I’ll just have to put my best foot SPOOKS forward.”
16. Why did the Mummy become a detective? Because he always kept his CASE wrapped.
17. The monster was really bad at telling jokes, but he had a great GROAN game.
18. Why did the vampire break up with the werewolf? Their relationship was just too DRA-COOL.
19. Ghosts are bad at telling secrets because they always WHISP-ER in people’s ears.
20. What is a ghost’s favorite kind of pie? Boo-berry.
“Trick or Treat Yo’ Self to These Monster Puns (Cliché’d and Terrifyingly Good!)”
1. What do you call a monster that loves to dance? The boogieman.
2. Why did the monster eat a lightbulb? He wanted a light snack.
3. How do you know a monster has a cold? They start coffin.
4. How does a monster get to work? On a scareplane.
5. Why did the monster break up with his girlfriend? She was too high-maintenance.
6. What do you call a monster that can play the guitar? A heavy metal performer.
7. Why did the monster go on a diet? He was a little bit husky.
8. Why are monsters good at sports? They have a lot of ghoul.
9. What do you call a monster with a good sense of humor? A jokester’s incubus.
10. Why don’t monsters eat ghosts? They give them a heartburn.
11. What do you call a group of monsters singing together? A harmonster.
12. What kind of monster loves to draw? A skeletoon.
13. What do you call a monster who loves to read? A bookwormzilla.
14. Why did the monster start a blog? He had a lot of things to get off his chest.
15. What do you call a group of monsters that play traditional music? The unlively crew.
16. Why don’t monsters use elevators? They prefer to take the scare.
17. What do you call the process of a monster losing weight? Freaking slim.
18. What do you call a monster who is really good at math? A calculated ghoul.
19. What do you call a monster that loves to travel? A monstrous tourist.
20. Why did the monster fall asleep in class? He was a little mummy-tose.
In conclusion, we hope you had a monstrously good time reading through these hilarious monster puns! But don’t let the fun end here, be sure to check out other puns on our website for even more laughs. We appreciate you taking the time to visit and we hope to see you back again soon! Keep laughing and keep the puns coming!