Get ready to go bananas with laughter with our collection of over 200 hilarious monkey puns! These puns are perfect for any occasion – whether you’re looking to entertain your friends or family, or just looking for a fun way to spice up your social media posts. From classic puns like “Why did the monkey cross the road? To get to the banana stand!” to more creative puns like “What do you call a monkey in a suit? An ape-tie!”, there’s a monkey pun here to suit everyone’s sense of humor. Don’t be afraid to monkey around and share these puns with everyone you know – they’ll be sure to put a smile on their face.
Monkeying Around with these Hilarious Puns (Editors Pick)
1. Why did the monkey fall out of the tree? He was dead.
2. What do you call a monkey in a suit? A business ape.
3. What’s a monkey’s favorite fruit? A-paw-cot.
4. What do you call a monkey in a disguise? An im-papeanut.
5. What do you get when you cross a monkey and a kangaroo? A hairy jump rope.
6. Where do monkeys go for lunch? The ape-tery.
7. What do you call a monkey magician? A prestidigi-mong.
8. How does a monkey make toast? It uses a goril-la.
9. Why did the monkey go to the zoo instead of the bank? He wanted to monkey around with the other animals.
10. What do you call a monkey in a tuxedo? A fancy-pants primate.
11. What did the monkey say when he was getting his picture taken? “Cheese-a-rrangutan!”
12. Why did the monkey go to the doctor? He was feeling a little bonkers.
13. What do you call a monkey who loves to dance? A cha-cha-chimp.
14. Why did the monkey break up with his girlfriend? She was always hanging around with other apes.
15. What’s a monkey’s favorite dessert? Banana cream pie-thon.
16. What do you call a monkey who takes a bath? A scrub-a-dub-chimp.
17. Why do monkeys make terrible dancers? They have two left feet-illers.
18. Why did the monkey bring a ladder to the party? He heard the drinks were on the house.
19. What do you call a monkey that always gets into trouble? A mischievous primate.
20. Why did the monkey join the gym? He wanted to beef up his banana-peel game.
Monkey Business Quips (One-liner Puns)
1. Why don’t monkeys use Tinder? They prefer a good branch.
2. What do you call a monkey in a suit? A business baboon.
3. Why did the monkey cross the road? To prove he wasn’t chicken.
4. What do you call a monkey in a courtroom? A primate defender.
5. Why did the monkey break up with his girlfriend? She kept gorilla-ing him.
6. How do you make a monkey smile? You give it a-peeling!
7. What do you call a monkey with a computer? An Ape-titude.
8. What do you call a monkey who loves rock music? A Bonobo Jovi.
9. Why did the monkey go to space? To get a better perspective on bananas.
10. What do you call a monkey with a banana allergy? One with a-peel-ling restrictions.
11. Why did the monkey see the doctor? He had a case of jungle-itis.
12. What did the banana say to the monkey? “Yellow there!”
13. What do you call a monogamous monkey? An “ape for life”.
14. Why did the monkey break into the banana factory? For a-peel.
15. Why did the monkey join the gym? He wanted to work on his gorilla-tine.
16. What do you call a monkey artist? A primate-tive painter.
17. Why did the monkey put a bell on his tail? So he could jingle all the way…through the jungle!
18. What do you call a monkey who loves to travel? A globe-trotting gorilla.
19. Why don’t monkeys like drinking alcohol? It makes them go bananas.
20. What do you call a monkey on skis? An Ape-racer.
Monkey Business Q&As : Ape-solutely Hilarious!
1. Q: Why did the monkey live in a tree? A: Because it was a branch manager.
2. Q: Why did the monkey like to play cards? A: Because he was a cheetah.
3. Q: What do you call a monkey in a suit? A: An ape-ril fool.
4. Q: Why did the monkey go to outer space? A: He wanted to start a monkey-naut program.
5. Q: What do you get when you cross a monkey with a toaster? A: An ape-liance.
6. Q: Where do monkeys go to borrow books? A: The ape-rary.
7. Q: What do you call a monkey that loves spreadsheets? A: A data-monkey.
8. Q: What did the monkey say when he caught his tail in the door? A: This is chi-ma-painful!
9. Q: What do monkeys wear when they cook? A: Ape-rons.
10. Q: What do you call a monkey that loves sweet treats? A: A choco-chimp.
11. Q: Why did the monkey go to school? A: To learn his ape-B-C’s.
12. Q: What did one monkey say to the other when they were climbing a tree? A: Ooh ooh, aah aah… up we go!
13. Q: What do you call a monkey that loves to dance? A: A cha-cha-chimp.
14. Q: Why did the monkey buy a ladder? A: To reach for the bananas!
15. Q: Why did the monkey cross the river? A: To get to the other primate.
16. Q: What do you call a monkey with a banana in each ear? A: Whatever you want, he can’t hear you!
17. Q: What did one monkey say to the other after they both got haircuts? A: You look like a brand new baboon!
18. Q: Why did the monkey go to the art gallery? A: To see the a-peeling artwork.
19. Q: What do you get when you cross a monkey and a bulldog? A: A creature that can bury you in bananas.
20. Q: Why did the monkey go to the doctor? A: He was feeling a little a-peel-ing.
Going Bananas: Double Entendres and Monkey Puns That Will Make You Go Ape
1. Why did the monkey break up with his girlfriend? She thought he was too “cheeky.”
2. Did you hear about the monkey who dated a ballerina? She eventually dumped him for constantly making a “monkey bars” joke.
3. What do you call it when a monkey takes off its clothes? A “bare-skin” moment.
4. How do you make a monkey laugh? Tell it a “hilarious” tail.
5. Why did the monkey go to the doctor? It had a “sore cheek” from all the smiling.
6. Did you hear about the monkey who robbed a bank? He was caught “red-handed.”
7. Why don’t monkeys ever get a cold? They always “hang out” in warm places.
8. How do you tell a monkey’s age? Measure its “bananas-per-minute” ratio.
9. Why did the monkey go into politics? It wanted to become a “party animal.
10. Why don’t monkeys ever lose at card games? They always have an “ace up their sleeve.”
11. How do you stop a monkey from monkeying around? Give it a “banana-peel penalty.”
12. Why did the monkey get off the elevator on the wrong floor? It wasn’t paying attention and got “marmoset” in seconds.
13. Why did the monkey break up with his girlfriend? She kept trying to “chimp-impose” her will on him.
14. What do you call a monkey at the dentist? A “fang-tailed” friend.
15. Why did the monkey ride the unicycle? It wanted to “show off” its balancing skills.
16. How do you inspire a monkey to work harder? By telling it it’s “going apes” for the promotion.
17. Why do monkeys always hang out in trees? Because they’re “branching out” in their social lives.
18. What did the monkey say to the banana peel? “You’re slipping away from me!”
19. Why did the monkey bring a ladder to the soccer game? It heard the tickets were “mt. chimp-erable.”
20. How do monkeys make their eggs? By “prim-omelettin” them!
Monkeying Around with Punny Idioms: Ape-solutely Hilarious Wordplay
1. Monkey business is no laughing matter.
2. Time flies like a banana-loving monkey.
3. Quit monkeying around and get to work.
4. I’m so happy I could swing from the trees like a monkey.
5. I’m going bananas over this monkey pun.
6. Don’t monkey with me unless you want trouble.
7. My boss is a real monkey on my back.
8. My little brother is a cheeky monkey.
9. I’ll be a monkey’s uncle if that’s true!
10. You’re a barrel of monkeys!
11. Let’s monkey see and monkey do it.
12. That politician is a monkey in a suit.
13. I’ll be swinging from the vine like a monkey.
14. I’m getting too old for this monkey business.
15. You’re too smart for a monkey.
16. Who’s the top banana in this monkey troop?
17. Everyone’s acting like a bunch of monkeys.
18. Quit monkeying around and sit still for once.
19. He’s acting tough but he’s just a little monkey.
20. Let’s just monkey around and have some fun.
Monkey See, Monkey Pun! (Pun Juxtaposition)
1. When the monkey got lost in the jungle, he prayed for a sign – luckily, God sent him a banana.
2. The reason monkeys don’t use smartphones is because they prefer to hang up the old-fashioned way.
3. When the zookeeper heard the monkey singing “Bohemian Rhapsody”, he thought it was just an ape opera-tunity.
4. The monkeys at the zoo had a serious problem with theft, so they hired a private eye gibbon to investigate.
5. The monkey wanted to break up with his girlfriend, but he was too scared she would go bananas.
6. Why did the monkey go to the hair salon? To get a banana clip.
7. The monkey was told he could never be famous, but he proved them wrong by becoming an ape-stronaut.
8. Are monkeys good at math? Of course, they always know their way around a-figures.
9. The monkey only ate things that were organic, which made him the ultimape hipster.
10. The chef’s assistant was fired after he let a monkey take over his job – he just couldn’t work under those banana-skin conditions.
11. What do you say to a monkey who’s not feeling well? “Hang in there, buddy.”
12. When a monkey found himself in an old mansion, he decided to go apeshift and start swinging from the chandeliers.
13. Did you hear about the monkey who got a haircut? Now he’s a primape gentleman.
14. Why did the monkey cross the road? To get to the bana-nother side.
15. The zookeeper was tickled pink when he taught a monkey to use sign language – he said it was a real breakthrough in ape-communication.
16. When animals protest, are they monkey-featuring a sit-in?
17. When a monkey gets angry, they start throwing ro-bananas.
18. The monkey was upset when she ran out of stamps, so she had to go to the post-ape office.
19. How does a monkey prepare for a math test? They always make sure they have their ape-culator handy.
20. Three monkeys in a bathtub, and the littlest one says, “Pass me the soap please.”
Monkey’d Around (Puns on Monkey Names)
1. Monkey Business Inc.
2. Bannana Splitz Cafe
3. Chimpan-tea Tea House
4. Ape-tizer Restaurant
5. Cheeky Chimp Cafe
6. Monkey See, Monkey Do Daycare
7. King Kong Burgers
8. The Monkey’s Uncle Ice Cream Shop
9. Banana Hammock Boutique
10. Gorilla Glue Hardware Store
11. “Going” Ape Smoothie Bar
12. It’s A Primate Thing Clothing Store
13. SockMonkey’z Cafe
14. Monkeying Around Day Spa
15. Chattering Teeth Dental Office
16. Monkeyin’ Around Gift Shop
17. Primates of Park Avenue Bookstore
18. The Jungle Book Club
19. Monkey Wrench Plumbing Services
20. Monkey Magic Toy Store
Monkeying Around with Spoonerisms: A Banana Split Penned Tallest of Primate Pun Play
1. Chunky monkey –> Monkey chunky
2. Monkey bars –> Bunny mars
3. Monkey business –> Bunky miness
4. Monkey wrench –> Wunky mench
5. Monkey see, monkey do –> Dunkey see, dunkey sue
6. Monkey bread –> Bunky mead
7. Monkey house –> Honkey mouse
8. Monkey man –> Munky yan
9. Monkey theme –> Thunky meme
10. Monkey island –> Icky moland
11. Monkey magic –> Munky magick
12. Monkey tail –> Tunky mail
13. Monkey nuts –> Nunky mits
14. Monkey suit –> Sunky moot
15. Monkey brain –> Bunky train
16. Monkey dance –> Dunky mance
17. Monkey mirror –> Munky rirror
18. Monkey puzzle –> Punny muzle
19. Monkey wrenching –> Wunky menching
20. Monkeying around –> Aunky mongling
Monkey Business Puns (Tom Swifties)
1. “I just won a game of tag with a monkey,” said Tom with a chimp smirk.
2. “That monkey is really into fashion,” Tom said monkey-suited.
3. “I’ll never forget my trip to the monkey enclosure,” Tom said forever-a-peel.
4. “I’m trying to teach this monkey sign language,” Tom said hand-simian-ly.
5. “This monkey clearly loves Elvis,” Tom said with a hunk-a-hunk-a burning-banana clip.
6. “I lost a staring contest to a monkey,” Tom said disappoint-chimpanzeedly.
7. “I can never leave my monkey alone,” Tom said orang-utan trust.
8. “My monkey is quite the charmer,” Tom said sly-ly stibbons.
9. “Watching monkeys always cheers me up,” Tom said add-riled.
10. That monkey just stole my hat,” Tom said cap-uchinless.
11. “I’m really tired after running laps with a monkey,” Tom said exhaustively.
12. “The monkey seemed to like the music I was playing,” Tom said simian-ly.
13. “I was worried when the monkey started throwing things,” Tom said gorilla-phobic.
14. “I always have a great time at the monkey exhibit,” Tom said smilin’ baboon.
15. “These monkeys are really cramping my style,” Tom said lithely.
16. “I need to learn how to speak monkey,” Tom said ape-solutely.
17. “That monkey is clearly the leader of the pack,” Tom said orang-tangle.
18. “I’m not a huge fan of monkey bars,” Tom said swing-ily.
19. I think my monkey has a secret love for bananas,” Tom said ap-peeled.
20. “I’m convinced this monkey is sent from outer space,” Tom said astral-ape.
Monkey Business: Ape-culiar Oxymoronic Pun-derland.
1. A monkey at a meditation retreat: Zen-gerously mischevious.
2. A monkey chef: Simian culinary masterpieces.
3. A monkey stand-up comedian: Jester primate.
4. A monkey gardener: Ape-tending to the flora.
5. A monkey construction worker: Simian builders.
6. A monkey astronaut: Stellar primate.
7. A monkey detective: A gibbon investigation.
8. A monkey philosopher: Primate thinker.
9. A monkey basketball player: Slam-dunking simian.
10. A monkey magician: Ape-racabra.
11. A monkey fashion designer: Haute simian.
12. A monkey wrestler: Primate pummeler.
13. A monkey musician: Ape-ratchik.
14. A monkey lawyer: Primate barrister.
15. A monkey actor: Ape-thetic thespian.
16. A monkey marathon runner: Sprinting simian.
17. A monkey artist: Primate Picasso.
18. A monkey writer: Ape-literate author.
19. A monkey doctor: Primate physician.
20. A monkey thief: Simian kleptomaniac.
Ape-tivating Wordplay (Recursive Monkey Puns)
1. Why did the monkey fall out of the tree? Because it was dead!
2. What do you call an unhappy monkey? A gloom-and-chimp.
3. What do you call a monkey in a suit? A business ape.
4. Why did the monkey bring a ladder to the party? Because he wanted to be the top banana.
5. What do you call it when monkeys share an Amazon account? Prime mates.
6. Why did the monkey break up with his girlfriend? Because he found out she was a gorilla-terian.
7. What do you call a monkey that loves to gamble? A card-chimpanzee.
8. Why don’t monkeys play cards in the jungle? Because there are too many cheetahs.
9. Why did the monkey paint his room red? Because he wanted to see a red ape-ele!
10. What do you call a monkey that sells potato chips? A chip-manzee.
11. Why don’t monkeys buy bananas at the store? Because they prefer a-peeling to their natural instincts.
12. What do you call a monkey that is also a chef? A cook-pansie.
13. Why did the monkey join the gym? To work on his gorilla-ness.
14. Why don’t monkeys ride bicycles? They prefer to “swing” around.
15. Why did the monkey go to the hair salon? To get his split-ends reversed.
16. What do you call a monkey with a smartphone? A techni-chimp.
17. Why did the monkey go to the doctor? Because he was feeling a little bananas.
18. What do you call a monkey that meditates? A Zen-ape.
19. Why was the monkey late for work? Because he was hanging around.
20. Why did the monkey run for mayor? He was tired of living in a jungle bureaucracy.
Monkeying Around with Cliché Puns
1. Why did the monkey like bananas so much? Because it was a-peel-ing!
2. When monkeys get married, do they have a hoo-hoo and a ring-a-ting-ting?
3. Why couldn’t the monkey go to school? Because he was already a-primate!
4. What do you call a monkey in a suit? An Ape-suit!
5. Did you hear about the rebellious monkey? He was quite the monkey-wrench!
6. Why did the monkey join the circus? Because he wanted to go ape-tastic!
7. Why did the monkey go to Mars? To see if it was a planet of the apes!
8. Why did the monkey eat a candle? Because he wanted a light snack!
9. What do you call a monkey with a wand? A magic Ape!
10. Why did the monkey fall out of the tree? Because he was a little un-stable!
11. What is a monkey’s favorite TV show? “The Ape-rrentice”!
12. Why did the monkey break up with his girlfriend? He was too much of a cheetah!
13. What do you call a monkey with a banana in each ear? Anything you like – he can’t hear you!
14. Why do monkeys make terrible thieves? Because they monkey around!
15. What do you call a monkey who loves to party? An all-night primate!
16. What did the monkey say to his Valentine? I love you a bunch!
17. What kind of music do monkeys listen to? Anything with bananas in it!
18. Why did the chicken cross the monkey’s bridge? To get to the banana side!
19. Why did the grape stop in the middle of the road? Because he ran out of juice – er, we mean ape-s!
20. What do you call a monkey who works for Amazon? A Prime-mate!
So there you have it, over 200 monkey puns to make you laugh and go bananas! We hope you enjoyed these puns and if you want more, be sure to check out our website for other hilarious puns. Thanks for spending your time with us and remember – laughter is the best medicine!