Are you looking for some fresh and fragrant wordplay? Look no further than our collection of over 200 basil puns! From clever and cheesy to downright hilarious, these puns are sure to spice up your day. Whether you’re a herb lover or just enjoy a good pun, these jokes will have you laughing and having a thymeless good time. So grab your pestle and mortar and get ready to basil in the glory of these puns!
Basil-ly Laughable Puns (Editors Pick)
1. What did the basil say to the tomato? Lettuce unite and be a-fresh together!
2. Why did the tomato turn red? Because it saw the basil dressing.
3. Why did the basil go to the doctor? Because it wasn’t feline well.
4. How do you make a pickle smile? A dill-icious basil pesto!
5. What do you call a basil herb that sings? A parsley!
6. How did the basil avoid getting sick? By getting a-stem-inated.
7. Why did the parsley refuse to date the basil? Because it wasn’t herb type.
8. How do herbs communicate with each other? Through basil telepathy.
9. What does a basil herb wear to bed? A plant-bed.
10. What do you call a basil herb that’s a little bit pretentious? A herb-yvore.
11. What did the basil say to the garlic? It’s too hot to handle.
12. Why don’t basil herbs like to travel? They prefer to stay close to Rome.
13. What’s the best song to listen to while cooking basil? “Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass”.
14. Why did the basil herb break up with the tarragon? Because it was a dill-breaker.
15. How do you know if a basil herb is lying? Their story just doesn’t herb up.
16. What kind of TV shows do basil herbs like to watch? Soap operas.
17. Why did the chef get scolded for using too much basil? Because it was a big mistake-an.
18. How do you make a basil herb laugh? A-peel to its funny bone.
19. Why do people say that basil herbs are lucky? Because they bring a-roma wherever they go.
20. What do basil herbs put on their hair when they’re feeling fancy? Conditioner-a.
Basil-icious Bon Mots (One-liner Puns)
1. Why did the basil go to medical school? To become a renowned herb-atologist.
2. Why did the basil quit his job? It just wasn’t herb-friendly.
3. Why did the basil get caught stealing? He was just trying to spice things up in his life.
4. Did you hear about the basil who had an accent? It was a thyme traveler.
5. What did the basil say to the chef? Don’t be so saucy with me.
6. I tried to make a pizza with basil, but it was missing something. I kneaded some-more.
7. Why did the basil always throw the best parties? Because he was a real party-tyme.
8. What did the basil say to the sun-dried tomato? You’re the raisin I smile every day.
9. Why did the basil feel so good after a workout? He’s a fitness herb.
10. Did you hear about the basil who won the race? He took the pesto his competition.
11. What did the basil say to the bee? Stop beeing so needy.
12. Why did the basil plant start talking to the mint plant? He just wanted a little mintelligence in his life.
13. Why was the basil plant so bad at math? He just couldn’t count his blessings.
14. Did you hear about the basil who had PTSD? He kept having flashbacks of being used in Italian cuisine.
15. What did the basil say to the lettuce? Lettuce be friends.
16. Why did the basil plant always use sunscreen? He was basil-ing in the sun all day.
17. What did the basil say to the jar of mayonnaise? You mayo-bel the way I smell, but I’m still a great herb.
18. Why did the farmer use basil to fertilize the soil? He heard it was the best herb to enrich the ground.
19. Did you hear about the basil that was really into conspiracy theories? It was convinced that oregano was behind everything.
20. What do you get when you cross a basil plant with a computer? A basilisk.
Basil Bounders (Question-and-Answer Puns)
1. Why did the basil go to the doctor? It felt a little under the pesto.
2. How does basil go to work? By herbicycle.
3. What did one basil plant say to the other? I’m really herbsest.
4. Why did the basil refuse to leave his plant bed? He was rooted there.
5. What’s a basil’s favorite holiday? Hallobasil.
6. How do you handle an Italian basil? With lots of oregano-tact.
7. Why did the basil cross the playground? To get to the other slide!
8. Why was the basil bad at math in school? It could never properly stem the numbers.
9. What happens when a basil studys geology? He learns about sedimental journeys.
10. What do you call a basil that loves Taylor Swift? A basil-swiftie.
11. What’s a basil’s favorite type of music? Basil-nova!
12. Why did the basil frown when it saw a lemon? Because it got a sour look on its face.
13. What kind of basil do people with pets like the most? Purrrrsley.
14. What did the basil plant say to the chef? Don’t cut me, bro!
15. How do you make basil stop running? Press its pause.
16. Why didn’t the basil take an Uber to the restaurant? It preferred to car-pesto-l.
17. Why did the basil go to art school? To learn how to brush up on its skills.
18. What’s the most mindful herb? Ba-soul.
19. Why did the basil successfully sue the landscaper? It was the victim of oregano crime.
20. Why is basil voted least likely to succeed in school? It doesn’t do well with dressings.
Basil-ically Punny: Serving Up Double Entendre Puns
1. “I love the way you handle your basil, it’s so sensual.”
2. “I can’t help but get aroused by the smell of fresh basil.”
3. “I think I have a basil fetish.”
4. “I want to take you to the basil patch and show you a good time.”
5. “I saw you eyeing my basil plant, don’t worry, it’s herbally explicit.”
6. “I love the way basil feels between my fingers, it’s so stimulating.”
7. “I don’t always cook with basil, but when I do, it’s basil-icious.”
8. I heard basil can be a natural aphrodisiac, care to test that out?
9. “I thought you said you loved my basils, but it turns out you were just looking for some quick seasoning.”
10. “Basil just makes everything better, including intimate moments.”
11. “I can’t stop thinking about your basil pesto, it’s just too seductive.”
12. “I love it when you talk about your basil, you make it sound so dirty.”
13. “Basil is like the sexy lingerie of the culinary world.”
14. “I love it when you whisper sweet nothings about your basil in my ear.”
15. “Basil is the spicy little secret in all my dishes.”
16. “I just can’t resist a man who knows how to handle his basil.”
17. Basil is like the Swiss Army Knife of herbs – it can be used in so many different ways.
18. I think I need to take a cold shower after all the basil talk.
19. “You can never have too much basil, especially in the bedroom.”
20. “I think I need to invest in some basil scented candles, it sets the mood so well.”
Basil-icious Wordplay (Puns in Idioms with Basil)
1. Let’s cut to the basil-ic.
2. Do you want to mix a little basil-ism with your philosophy?
3. That’s the whole basil of wax!
4. If it’s too loud, you’re too basil!
5. Don’t worry, things will turn out basil in the end.
6. Let’s spice things up with some basil!
7. She got away with a basil from the law.
8. Don’t be so extra, just keep it basil.
9. I’m not trying to basil you, but you really should eat more vegetables.
10. Let me give it to you basil: we need better jokes.
11. I don’t always tell dad jokes, but when I do, he basil laughs!
12. He was a little too fond of basil teasers.
13. Everything is better with a little basil on it.
14. Don’t basil in your success, keep working hard.
15. I didn’t mean to basil my words, but you should probably go to bed earlier.
16. We need to get to the basil-ics of this problem.
17. Don’t get basilic on me now, we just started working.
18. I’m trying to quit basil chicken, it’s not going well.
19. His explanation was so basil, I couldn’t help but laugh.
20. Just remember, it’s always better to be basil safe than sorry.
Basil-ically Punny (Pun Juxtaposition)
1. Basil always felt saucy in his pesto.
2. The basil plant started to branch out and found himself in a pickle.
3. Basil was going through a tough time in his life, he felt like he was in hot water.
4. The basil lost all sense of taste, he was completely flavorless.
5. Basil was a terrible baseball player, he always struck out.
6. The basil decided to become a vegetarian because he didn’t want people questioning his herbs.
7. Basil couldn’t cook with the heat turned all the way up, he could never ketchup.
8. The basil was always down for a good thyme.
9. The basil was so quiet, he was barely audibasil.
10. The basil was a terrible comedian, but he peppered in a few good jokes.
11. Basil’s favorite game was hopscotch, but he always had trouble with the herb puns.
12. Basil was feeling spicy and decided to add jalapenos to his dish.
13. The basil was worried about buying a house, it was a tough dill to swallow.
14. Basil was a terrible card player, he never knew when to hold’em and when to fold’em.
15. The basil was always a stickler for the rules, he knew there was no thyme to mess around.
16. Basil always felt like the odd one out, he was never basil to fit in.
17. The basil walked into the bar and ordered a drink, the bartender asked if he wanted it olive or dirty.
18. Basil was in love with a rosemary, but she thyme and thyme again told him no.
19. Basil tried to become a chef, but he could never quite cut the mustard.
20. Basil decided to take up yoga, he wanted to become more flexiterrian.
Basil Bash: Punning with this Fragrant Herb
1. Basil E. Frankweiler
2. Basil Brush
3. Basil Fawlty
4. Basil Leaf
6. Basil Thyme
7. Basil Sprout
9. Basil Rathbone
10. Basiliskingham Palace
11. Basil King
12. Basildon Bond
13. Holy Basil
14. Basil Marvelous
15. Basilisk and Herb
16. Basil Bliss
17. Basil Saverin
18. Basil and the Beanstalk
19. Basil Bloom
Basil: A Bunch of Punny Spoonerisms
1. Tasil Bun
2. Luminous Pasil
3. Plentiful Basil
4. Basal Pillows
5. Grilled Basil
6. Tossed Basal
7. Basil Tilk Shake
8. Hurried Basil
9. Basil Skates
10. Suave Basil
11. Royal Basil
12. Basil Swirl
13. Basil Shirts
14. Nasal Eater
15. Flaky Basil
16. Basil Soup
17. Basil Garnish
18. Rustic Basil
19. Basil Fry
20. Biscuit Basil
Basil-icious Wordplay (Tom Swifties)
1. “This basil plant isn’t spicy,” said Tom blandly.
2. “I’m making pesto,” said Tom saucily.
3. “This basil smells strong,” said Tom fragrantly.
4. “I’m out of basil again,” said Tom leafily.
5. “It’s a good thing I have fresh basil,” said Tom spicily.
6. “This basil tastes old,” said Tom agedly.
7. “I grew this basil with my bare hands,” said Tom rootlessly.
8. “I helped myself to some basil,” said Tom liberally.
9. “There’s no need to waste any basil,” said Tom sparingly.
10. “This basil is making my eyes water,” said Tom tearfully.
11. “I’ll use this basil in my next batch of soup,” said Tom souperly.
12. “I don’t want to share my basil,” said Tom selfishly.
13. “The recipe calls for a lot of basil,” said Tom voluminously.
14. “This basil is quite expensive,” said Tom pricily.
15. “I’ll just have a little bit of basil,” said Tom minimally.
16. “I prefer sweet basil,” said Tom sweetly.
17. “I hate it when my basil goes bad,” said Tom sourly.
18. “My basil has a lot of personality,” said Tom charismatically.
19. “I’ll use some of this basil for my bruschetta,” said Tom toastily.
20. “This basil is perfect for my caprese salad,” said Tom cheesily.
Herb-acious Contradictions: Basil Puns (Oxymoronic Puns)
1. “Basil leaves me breathless.”
2. “Spicy, yet calming basil.”
3. “Basil on everything, except pizza.”
4. “Basil, the herbivore’s delight.”
5. “Basil: the herb that can’t decide if it’s sweet or savory.”
6. “Basil: the sinful saint.”
7. “Basil: the herb you can’t live without but can’t pronounce correctly.”
8. “Basil: the bittersweet herb.”
9. “Basil: where goodness and flavor collide.”
10. “Basil: the devilish herb with an angelic aroma.”
11. “Basil: the herb that spices up your life, but calms your soul.”
12. “Basil: the herb that pairs well with cheese and irony.”
13. “Basil: the herb that’s the perfect blend of fresh and dried.”
14. “Basil: the herb that’s oddly mellow, yet bold.”
15. “Basil: the misunderstood herb that’s both strong and soothing.”
16. Basil is to pizza like Barack Obama is to the Republican Party.
17. “Basil: the herb with a spicy kick and a refreshing finish.”
18. “Basil: the herb that’s both fresh and somehow stale.”
19. “Basil: the herb that’s both sweet and slightly bitter.”
20. “Basil: the herb that’s both intense and delicate.”
Basil Yourself in these Recursive Puns
1. Why did the basil start blushing? Because it saw the salad dressing.
2. Did you hear about the basil that was caught stealing? It was put on a pesto.
3. What did one basil leaf say to the other? “I’m a big dill.”
4. Why did the basil refuse to take the elevator? It wanted to take the stems.
5. Did you hear about the basil who won the lottery? It was a lucky herb.
6. What do you call a basil that’s always mad? Basil-isk.
7. Why did the basil break up with the parsley? It thought the relationship was too whack.
8. Did you hear about the basil that got a job at the bank? It was in charge of the basil leaves.
9. What did the chef say to the basil who was acting up? “I’m going to have to thyme you out.”
10. Why did the basil’s mom apologize? She said she didn’t mint to hurt its feelings.
11. What did the farmer say when he harvested his basil? “It’s a-crop-alypse.”
12. Did you hear about the basil that became a musician? It played the herb guitar.
13. What did the basil say when it was asked if it wanted to go skydiving? “No can do, I’m herb-alophobic.”
14. Why did the basil marry the mushroom? Because they were such great fungi’s.
15. What did the basil say to the teacher who was grading its paper? “Aroma sorry for all the mistakes.”
16. How did the basil feel when it got robbed? It was seasoning red.
17. What did the mom basil say to her kid basil in the morning? Good morning, my sweet basil.
18. Why did the basil bring binoculars to the park? It wanted to see the basil birds.
19. Did you hear about the basil that started a fitness program? It was called “Sweat & Basil.”
20. What did the doctor basil say to the sickly parsley? “Take two stems and call me in the morning.”
Basil-ically Punning Around with Clichés
1. “Stop loafing around and add some basil to that dough!”
2. “I’m a big dill, but basil’s my main squeezer.”
3. “You can’t have your basil and eat it too.”
4. “Don’t go chasing water-basil, stick to the sprinklers and hoses you’re used to.”
5. “Basil-ically speaking, I can’t get enough of that herb.”
6. “When life gives you basil, make pesto.”
7. “We’ll always have basil, my dear.”
8. “There’s no thyme for basil puns.”
9. “Basil me baby one more time.”
10. “The grass is always greener with a little basil sprinkled on top.”
11. “Let’s spice things up with some fresh basil.”
12. “Basil out, dude!”
13. You’re the apple of my basil.
14. “Basil-n my glory days, those were some tasty meals.”
15. “A penny for your basil.”
16. “When in Rome, do as the Romans do…and add basil to everything.”
17. “Basil-eaf me, I’m telling the truth.”
18. “Every herb has its day in the sun, but basil is always shining.”
19. “All that glitters is not basil, but it should be.”
20. “Basil of the ball.”
In conclusion, we hope you enjoyed our collection of basil puns and had a thymelessly good laugh! Don’t forget to explore our website for more herb-related wordplay and other pun-tastic content. Thank you for taking the time to visit us, and we’ll catch you on the next pun-filled adventure!